Thursday 30 January 2014

Uses of can, could, may, might, would, should,ought to, Lesson 9


06

Use of Can

01

 

    1. Iram: Can you play sitar?
    2. Hina: Yes, I can play the flute as well.
    3. Iram: Can you return my books?
    4. Hina: No, I can't return them yet.
    5. Iram: Can you read Sanskrit? 
    6. Hina: Yes. I can.

Use of May

  1. 02Student: May I come in Sir?
  2. Teacher: Yes, you may.
  3. Student: May I attend Bal Sabha, Sir?
  4. Teacher: Yes, with great pleasure./Of course.
  5. Student: Sir, may I accompany Suresh?
  6. Teacher: No,You better finish your work first.

Use of Could

  1. CouldAhmad: Could you do this work alone?
  2. Aamir: No, I couldn't
  3. Ahmad: Could she help you in time?
  4. Aamir: Yes, she could.
  5. Ahmad: Could you bring me a glass of water?
  6. Aamir: With pleasure.

Use of Might/ Must/ Ought(to)/ Would/ Should

  1. 04Sohan might have helped him.
  2. He might have come here.
  3. I must attend his marriage.
  4. We ought to love our youngers.
  5. I must reach home by 10 o'clock.
  6. Would you post this letter please?
  7. You should attend the classes more regularly.
05

No comments:

Post a Comment