Friday 31 January 2014

The present perfect tense

Present perfect tense is formed by Auxiliary verb have / has + the past participle (the third form of the verb)
Present perfect example sentences: سادہ
SubjectAuxiliary verbMain verb
I /we/ you/ theyhaveplayedfootball.
He/she/Ithasplayedfootball.
Negative sentences: منفی
SubjectAuxiliary verb

Main verb
I /we/ you/ theyhavenotplayedfootball.
He/she/Ithasnotplayedfootball.
Interrogative sentences:سوالیہ
 Auxiliary verbSubjecthas/ haveMain verb
HaveI /we/ you/ theyhaveplayedfootball?
Hashe/she/Ithasplayedfootball?
The uses of the present perfect tense:
Present perfect is used to describe actions in which, there is a connection between the past and the present.
1 To describe actions that have happened in the past, without time specification.
She has watched the football match.
2 To describe actions that have started in the past and still continue.
Mrs. Kamal has lived here since in 1987.
This Irish pub has Existed since 1930.
3 To describe actions that has just been completed. Here, the auxiliary verb the adverb "just" adjusted.
Mr Miller has just called me but I can not remember why.
I have lost my keys. Can you help me to look for them?
Watch out! I have mopped the floor.
The present perfect often occurs in conjunction with the following 
yet, since, for; Already, never, so far, before

No comments:

Post a Comment